Thursday, February 11, 2016

Here we go again

Bags packed, boarding passes printed, passports ready... All is set for another trip! :)

On our way to the airport, I have to confess that this is one of the trips I prepared the least for. Whenever I book flights, I spend hours dreaming about the destination, making plans (that we don't really have to follow) on where we might go, on what I would like to see. I look at photos, maps and into descriptions of what is on the other side of the flight. But then, on some (rare) occasions, I let myself go into the unknown. This is one of those times! Dubai, I know so little of you that you can only surprise me!

When we (the A&A team) first started thinking of where we could go to run away from the cold, dark days of London's winter, we had a few options. A trip to the snow was on the table, but because that kind of defeated the goal of escaping the cold, we moved our intentions further South. Of the few options that we considered Dubai ticked most of the boxes: Warm and sunny, close enough for a short get-away, relatively cheap flights and exotic enough to make it all more interesting. Dubai also had the (quite attractive) bonus of allowing us to meet a long-time friend (PN). He will be our guide and was one of the main reasons why I was so relaxed before getting on this train to the airport.

So here we are, on the train to 6 days of a new adventure in a new and unknown country! Sometimes life can be this exciting and that is what makes it fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment